Returning Students

If you've been away from Wayne State University for an extended period of time, you may find yourself unable to register for classes.  In order to quickly reactivate your academic record, you may need to provide us updated information.  Please complete the Returning Student Record Update form and return it to the Records and Registration office.  You can also fax it to us at (313) 577-0945.   

In researching your record, we will apprise you of any holds that we find and advise you on how to clear them up.  In some cases, this may involve visiting or calling other offices on campus.  

Once you send in your Returning Student Record Update form, you should also request your transcript.  You should also make an appointment with an advisor as soon as possible.  An advisor can help you figure out a plan on finishing your degree and help you make the best of your time at Wayne State.  

Once you're ready to register, check out the Schedule of Classes to see when classes are being offered.  You can also review your degree audit in STARS to see your outstanding course requirements.  

Here are some links that you might find useful as well:

University Advising Center
Office of Student Financial Aid
Dean of Students Office
Housing and Residential Life
Mort Harris Recreation and Fitness Center
Wayne State Athletics

Welcome back to Wayne State!