Contract for Completion of Incomplete Coursework

The mark of "I" (Incomplete) is given to a student when s/he has not completed all of the course work as planned for the term and when there is, in the judgement of the instructor, a reasonable probability that the student will complete the course successfully without again attending regular class sessions.

University grading policy states that a written contract should be signed by the student and instructor, specifying all work to be completed.  In order to alleviate questions about incomplete courses and to assist students and instructors, the Office of the Registrar has prepared a template Contract for Completion of Incomplete Coursework. You can find the template contract at  

Additional information about the incomplete mark is available on the template contract. You can fill this form out on your computer, save it, or print it.  A copy of this contract must be filed with your department as well.