Entering Final Grades
Instructions for Entering Final Grades
- Log in to Academica and click on the the "Faculty Grade Entry" option in the Faculty Instructional Resources menu
- From the My Courses list, click on the course you would like to grade.
- This will bring up your class list at the bottom of the page. You may select the number of students to view per page, up to 100 students at a time. For larger courses, see below for information on Exporting and Importing a Grade Roster.
- For each student, use the drop down menu to select the appropriate grade.
- Federal regulations require that students who receive financial aid MUST earn their aid by completing the semester. In order for Wayne State to remain in compliance with federal regulations, a last date of attendance must be entered for any student receiving a failing grade (F, N, U, UNC) or an Incomplete. If you assign any of these grades and DO NOT list a last date of attendance, NONE of the grades will be submitted.
- Students that have never attended classes should be assigned the mark "NA" (never attended). This mark will be converted to the appropriate failing grade for your course. DO NOT enter a last date of attendance in this case.
- What is the date of last attendance? The latest date that the student physically attended class; submitted an academic assignment; took an exam, interactive tutorial, or computer-aided instruction; attended a study group that you assigned; participated in an online discussion about academic matters; or initiated contact with you to ask a question about the academic subject studied in the course
- If attendance cannot be documented through actual attendance records or an academically-related event, you must report that the student never attended.
- Once you have graded all the students select the "Save" button.
- To select another course, click on the course from the "My Courses" list.
Exporting and Importing a Grade Roster
- Click on course from "My Courses" list to be graded
- Click on the Tools menu at the top right of the page
- Select the Export Grade Template
- Click Export
- Save the Excel file
- Open up the Excel file, enter in grades (and Last Date of Attendance where appropriate) and save file with updated grades
- Go back to the Tools menu and click Import
- Upload the Excel file (click Browse to find your file and then Upload. Click Continue)
- In preview step, click Continue.
- Make sure that the columns from the import spreadsheet are mapped correctly. Make sure that the following columns have green checkmarks: Term Code, CRN, Student ID (either AccessID or Banner ID with leading zeros), Final Grade and Last Attend Date.
- To import grades, click Continue on the validate step
- Click Finish
- Check that the grading status indicator bar in "My Courses" is green to ensure grades were imported.
If you have any difficulties grading your classes, please contact Mark Jacek at (313) 993-7479 or at firstname.lastname@example.org