Grading rosters for faculty will be made available on the study day of each term.
We will continue to follow up with any faculty member who may have inadvertently not filed grades.
If you have any questions or problems with grading, please email the Records Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at (313) 577-3531.
For instructions on how to enter your final grades, click here.
Final Grading General Information
- The web grading system will be available through Academica and will remain available for at least a week after the end of the final exam period.
- Grades should be reported 72 hours after the final exam is given to the class.
- Federal regulations require that students who receive financial aid MUST earn their aid by completing the semester. In order for Wayne State to remain in compliance with federal regulations, a last date of attendance must be entered for any student receiving a failing grade (F, N, U, UNC) or an Incomplete. If you assign any of these grades and DO NOT list a last date of attendance, NONE of the grades will be submitted.
- Students that have never attended classes should be assigned the mark "NA" (never attended). This mark will be converted to the appropriate failing grade for your course. DO NOT enter a last date of attendance in this case.
- What is the date of last attendance? The latest date that the student physically attended class; submitted an academic assignment; took an exam, interactive tutorial, or computer-aided instruction; attended a study group that you assigned; participated in an online discussion about academic matters; or initiated contact with you to ask a question about the academic subject studied in the course.
- If attendance cannot be documented through actual attendance records or an academically-related event, you must report that the student never attended.
- If you don't see your class in the class selection page, contact your department's schedule coordinator.
- The web grading system will time-out after 60 minutes if you don't do anything. If the system times out, you will lose your work and will have to start over again. You should click the "Save" button often to ensure this does not happen.
- Every night, starting around 11:00 pm, grades are rolled to the student's academic record. Before the grade is rolled, you can make changes in the final grade roster. But, once a grade is rolled, you will have to use the online grade change process to make any changes.