Transcripts can not be requested by or released to anyone outside the University without the written permission of the student. Official transcripts bear the seal of the University and the signature of the Registrar and are mailed directly to the recipient by the University. Transcripts mailed to a student are stamped "Issued to Student." In most cases, recipients want the transcript sent directly to them from Wayne State University.
The first 10 transcripts ordered each year are free. For each additional transcript, there is a $5.00 fee. Once received, transcript requests are typically processed and sent out the next business day.
Request your transcript using Pipeline (for students who have enrolled since 2006)
Click here to watch an instructional video on this topic.
- Log in to Pipeline and click on the Student tab. Select Request a Transcript under the Student Records menu.
- Enter name of the person or the institution you want your transcript sent to in the “Issue to:” field, and select the “Continue” button.
- Indicate the transcript type and fill in the proper fields. (You are responsible for the accuracy of information provided.)
- For Official Transcript and Advising Copy, enter the complete address, including Street, City, State and Zip. Select “Continue.”
- For Transcript Sent by Email, enter a valid email address in the email address field. Select "Continue."
- Check the “Official” box if you’re requesting an official transcript. Review your request and click “Submit.”
Students who have not enrolled since 2006, or who do not recall their Pipeline Login
Problems viewing the form? You need the latest version of Adobe Reader, available free at adobe.com.
Overnight Mail Requests
For a fee of $20.00, payable by check, money order, or cashier's check, you may request overnight delivery of an official transcript. This fee includes shipping it overnight to its destination via UPS. A valid street address is required. UPS can not deliver to P.O. boxes. Orders must be received by 1:00p.m. each business day to qualify for next business day delivery.
Do you wish to view or print an unofficial copy for your own use? Watch the how-to video here.
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (313) 577-2100.