Transcripts can not be requested by or released to anyone outside the University without the written permission of the student. Official transcripts bear the seal of the University and the signature of the Registrar and are mailed directly to the recipient by the University. Transcripts mailed to a student are stamped "Issued to Student." In most cases, recipients want the transcript sent directly to them from Wayne State University.
The first 10 transcripts ordered each year are free. For each additional transcript, there is a $5.00 fee. Once received, transcript requests are typically processed and sent out the next business day.
Request your transcript using Academica
- Log in to Academica and click on the Student Resources link under the WSU Resources menu. Select Request a Transcript under the Student Records menu.
- Enter name of the person or the institution you want your transcript sent to in the “Issue to:” field, and select the “Continue” button.
- Indicate the transcript type and fill in the proper fields. (You are responsible for the accuracy of information provided.)
- Transcript Sent by Email - This is an official transcript which is sent electronically to an email address as a PDF. This is the fastest way to get an official transcript sent. Transcripts are typically sent out within one hour.
- Transcript Sent by US Mail - This is an official transcript sent by US mail. These are typically prepared within three business days. They require additional time for the mail. You may wish to send your transcript by email.
General Transcript Request
Current students will need to log in using your AccessID and Password. To reset your password, go here.
- Former students and Alumni may contact the C&IT Help Desk for assistance with obtaining an AccessID and setting up self services. For complete instructions, please visit "Requesting a Transcript with your AccessID."
WSU Medical School Transcripts
For Medical School transcripts, go here: http://recordsandreg.med.wayne.edu/requests.php
WSU Law School Transcripts
For Law School transcripts, go here: http://law.wayne.edu/students/records-registration.php
Overnight Mail Requests
For a fee of $20.00, payable by check, money order, or cashier's check, you may request overnight delivery of an official transcript. This fee includes shipping it overnight to its destination via UPS. A valid street address is required. UPS can not deliver to P.O. boxes. Orders must be received by 1:00p.m. each business day to qualify for next business day delivery. This service is available only within the United States.
Send an e-mail to email@example.com, or call us at (313) 577-2100.