Wayne State University

Aim Higher

Office of the RegistrarOffice of the Registrar

Name and Address Changes

Name Changes

To change your name, complete a Name Change form and attach a copy of your Driver's License or State ID card, a copy of your marriage certificate or court document authorizing the name change, if applicable.  The completed form can be dropped off, mailed or faxed to us.  

Address Changes

It is very important that you notify the University when you change your address.  Change your address through WSU Pipeline at http://pipeline.wayne.edu.  You need your WSU AccessID and password to enter WSU Pipeline.

If you don't know your WSU AccessID, you can look it up by searching for your last name in WSU's Online Directory at http://networks.wayne.edu/onlinedirectory.

Once you have your AccessID and password, follow these instructions to change your address:

  1. Login into Pipeline.
  2. Go to the "Student" tab, and select "View Personal Info" under the "Student Records" menu.
  3. Select "Update Address(es) and Phone(s).
  4. Select the current Mailing address you are changing or updating.
  5. You need to end the current Mailing address.  Enter the date your new address is going into effect in the "Until this Date" field.  Then, hit the "Submit" button.
  6. Go back to "Update Address(es) and Phone(s).  Select the "Mailing" address option from the "Type of Address to Insert" dropdown.  Then, hit the "Submit" button.
  7. Enter the date the new address starts in the "Valid From this Date" field.  Leave the "Until this Date" field blank.  Fill in the rest of the adress fields, and then hit "Submit".

You can verify your entries by selecting "View Address(es) and Phone(s)" again.

If you have any questions, you can email studentservice@wayne.edu from your AccessID or call (313) 577-2100.

If you do not have access to Pipeline, fill out the Address Change form and mail, Fax, or drop it off.

Click here to view a how-to video on this topic.