Something BIG is coming Fall 2015. We are getting ready to launch a new Degree Audit software to our undergraduate students, faculty, and academic advisors.
Degree Works Goals for Students
Degree Works will assist students in achieving their goal of graduating on time by:
- Reviewing their progress toward degree completion
- Identifying courses that need to be completed
- Selecting courses that meet your degree requirements
- Planning courses to take in future semesters
- Determining a projected graduation date
- Choosing a new major, minor or second major
Goals for Advisors and Faculty
Degree Works will assist Advisors and Faculty with their goal to provide students with the most up-to-date and accurate information by:
- Providing a clear outline of missing requirements to help students choose the best courses
- Saving time by using the What-If scenario if a student is interested in a new major
- Assisting to encourage students to create an academic plan, semester by semester
- Reviewing academic progress and GPA
For further information please visit us at wayne.edu/degreeworks
STARS for Degree Audit
STARS Degree Audit is a self-service program that helps you evaluate your progress towards completion of your degree program. It provides answers to questions such as:
- Which courses do I need to complete my general education requirements?
- Which courses can I choose from to complete my major?
- If I change my major, how would the courses I have already completed apply to a new major?
- How many credits do I need to complete my degree?
- What is my grade point average?
Degree Audit is located in Academica, under the Student Resources and then Student Records tabs, STARS for Degree Audit. By clicking on the Degree Audit in STARS, you can review the requirements of your current degree program by selecting "Generate New Evaluation" or you can select the "What If Analysis" to check out how the courses you have completed would apply to a new program or major.
Degree Audit is a tool that should be used to help you make the best course selections for your degree program. You should consult with your advisor to ensure that you are on the right track to reach your academic goals. Contact your academic advisor if you find any discrepancies in your audit.
You will find step-by-step instructions for using Degree Audit at the bottom of the Degree Audit webpage. Or watch the how-to video here: How to run your Degree Audit
Questions about how to use Degree Audit can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about your program requirements should be directed to your advisor.