Entering your final grades should be a quick and relatively painless process. If you have any difficulties grading your classes, please contact Mark Jacek.
- Log in to Academica and click on the the "Final Grades" option in the Faculty Instructional Resources menu.
- Select the grading term from the drop down menu and select "Submit." Make sure you select the term you need to grade -- otherwise, you will receive an error message saying your class lists aren't available.
- Select the course from the drop-down menu and select "Submit."
- This will bring up your Final Grading sheet. Please scroll down the page to see the list of students.
- For each student, use the drop down menu to select the appropriate grade.
- Federal regulations require that students who receive financial aid MUST earn their aid by completing the semester. In order for Wayne State to remain in compliance with federal regulations, a last date of attendance must be entered for any student receiving a failing grade (F, N, U, UNC) or an Incomplete. If you assign any of these grades and DO NOT list a last date of attendance, NONE of the grades will be submitted.
- Students that have never attended classes should be assigned the mark "NA" (never attended). This mark will be converted to the appropriate failing grade for your course. DO NOT enter a last date of attendance in this case.
- What is the date of last attendance? The latest date that the student physically attended class; submitted an academic assignment; took an exam, interactive tutorial, or computer-aided instruction; attended a study group that you assigned; participated in an online discussion about academic matters; or initiated contact with you to ask a question about the academic subject studied in the course
- If attendance cannot be documented through actual attendance records or an academically-related event, you must report that the student never attended.
- You may have to click to view the next page of your grade roster, if your class is large.
- Once you have graded all the students select the "Submit" button.
- To select another course please select "CRN Selection" at the bottom of the page.
Click here to watch a how-to video on this topic.